Volunteering at Melbourne Gardens
- Volunteer Guides lead visitors through the Gardens on guided walks and conduct special interest walks on a variety of topics.
- The Ian Potter Foundation Children’s Garden Volunteers are involved with horticultural duties and in assisting with various children's programs throughout the school holidays and school term.
- Garden Ambassadors have a passion for Melbourne Gardens and all it stands for. They greatly enhance the visitor experience by informing and engaging with visitors on a one to one basis, through various seasonal activities and special events.
The Royal Botanic Gardens is looking for volunteers that are passionate about visitor engagement, environmental tourism and Botanic Gardens. Applications for these positions have closed. For further information, please contact Elisabeth Statiras, Volunteer and Friends Coordinator at Melbourne Gardens, on 03 9252 2331 or via email.
- Herbarium Volunteers curate a variety of pressed and dried botanical specimens consisting of recently collected as well as historical 19th Century plant specimens. The specimens are carefully secured onto archival card using stitches and paper strips. Attention to detail and fine motor skills are essential for this work. People with interests such as plants, conservation, history, geography and art find this work enjoyable and rewarding. We ask our volunteers to attend at least once a week for a minimum of three hours, Monday to Friday.
For more information, and a copy of our application form, please contact Casey Jurgens, Team Leader Collections Volunteers via email.
- Herbarium Library Volunteers work on specific research and cataloguing projects, and on general library tasks.
We currently have a waiting list for people wanting to volunteer. If you would like to add your name to the waiting list or for more information, please contact the Librarian on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteering at Cranbourne Gardens
- Garden Ambassadors have a passion for Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne, in particular the Australian Garden. They greatly enhance the visitor experience by informing and engaging with visitors on a one-to-one basis, through various seasonal activities and special events, and via the provision of guided tours of the Australian Garden.
For further information or to express interest in the next intake, please contact Cranbourne Gardens on 03 5990 2200 or email email@example.com