A Garden of Rhythm & Rhyme
Learn how plants can be used as instruments as you explore the connections between music, sound and plants.
Children will immerse themselves in plant-inspired rhymes and stories and listen to the different sounds produced through the Gardens as they respond through movement and music. Drawing inspiration from the story of The Music Tree, they will make musical mobiles from natural materials and create their own nature-inspired rhythms.
- Explore the soundscape of a garden
- Discover nature-based rhymes and songs
- Respond to the landscape through movement and music making
- Imaginative play and music in natural spaces
- Open the senses to sounds in nature
- Plants as instruments and rhymes inspired by them
Supports outcomes from the Victorian Early Years Learning Development Framework