Interactive Map FAQ
Having trouble with our interactive map? Find out more to help resolve your issue below
Upon loading the page your browser will prompt you to share your location with rbg.vic.gov.au – for the best user experience please allow your browser to share your location
If using a mobile device within the Gardens, please make sure that your device has all three of the below:
- Location services enabled
- Permission to share your location with your selected browser (eg. Your iPhone has permission to share your location with Safari)
- Your browser has permission to share your location with rbg.vic.gov.au (eg. Safari has permission to share your location
*If you have set your browser to not share your location, and to not ask the question again, you will need to change this in your device’s settings, and then reload the page – you will then be presented with the pop up asking for permission to share your location.
For more information please visit below:
Whilst every effort if made to optimise the interactive map service for as many users as possible, there is a chance that the map may not display perfectly on all devices.
Below is a list of devices, browsers, and operating systems that the service is optimised for:
Optimised devices and operating systems:
- Samsung Galaxy S20 upwards using the latest version of the Android operating system
- iPhone 12 upwards using the latest version of the iOS operating system
Supported browsers for mobile and tablet devices:
Supported desktop browsers for PC or Mac:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
If your location marker isn't accurate please take the steps below:
- Refresh your browser page
- Please make sure that your browser and device setting are set up as outlined above - this could include updating the version of the browser that you are using (eg. Safari, Google Chrome etc.)
- Restart your device
There are a number of factors that may be contributing to this. This could include reception from your service provider, your device, system preferences or battery level.
Whilst every endeavour is made to optimise this feature, due to the the above factors we cannot guarantee the accuracy and performance of location services.