An excursion to the Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria at Cranbourne Gardens offers an excellent opportunity for students of all ages to further their understanding of environmental and related issues in an attractive, safe and stimulating outdoor setting.
Strategic curriculum-based programs have been developed by the qualified teachers of the Gardens' Education Service to assist teachers and provide an enjoyable and valuable learning experience for students from pre school to tertiary levels. To learn more and make a booking explore our Education section.
Each Education program:
- is designed to support teachers in achieving the Victorian Essential Learning Standards
- is led by a Royal Botanic Gardens Education Officer, who is also a qualified teacher
- provides for school groups at both the Melbourne and Cranbourne gardens
- can also be adapted to suit individual class needs.
How to get here
The main entrance is on the corner of Ballarto Road and Botanic Drive, Cranbourne, 3977 (just off the South Gippsland Hwy)
(Melway Ref. K10).
Bookings and further information
Visit the Learn section of this site to find out more about Education Programs at the Melbourne and Cranbourne gardens.
To book, please contact Education Services:
T: (03) 5990 2200
E: Education Services
Depending on your program, meeting points are either:
- Stringybark Picnic Area (Melway Ref. 133 K12)
- Visitor Centre (Melway Ref. 133 F10)
Please check your confirmed booking letter for the appropriate meeting point.