Friends of Cranbourne
Friends of the Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria, Cranbourne Gardens is a vibrant group of more than 600 members who share a love of Australian plants and nature, and support Cranbourne Gardens.
Being a Friend gives you a special involvement in the ongoing development of Cranbourne Gardens through the award-winning Australian Garden and the conservation of the important remnant bushland and its many creatures. Friends may also participate in the following groups and activities:
- Growing Friends propagate and grow plants for sale and use in the Gardens Education program.
- Herbarium Collectors gather and process plant material to preserve for the Gardens and National Herbarium.
- Seed Collectors collect and conserve seeds for use in the Friends Nursery.
- Botanical Illustrators work together, exhibit their works in local galleries, hold morning teas with guest speakers, and run botanical art classes.
- Botanical Fabricators work with fabrics themed on native plants.
- Friends In Focus have fun, learn about photography, take photos and enhance and practise photographic skills.
- Activities (garden visits, tours, talks, workshops and other social activities) are offered throughout the year, advertised through the website, our quarterly newsletter, Naturelink. and our monthly online newsletter Quicklink.
Friends of the Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne receive the following benefits:
- our quarterly newsletter, Naturelink
- QuickLink online
- discount rates for both Melbourne and Cranbourne Friends activities
- 15% discount on plant sales at Cranbourne Gardens
- Friends-only plant sales
- 10% discount at the shop (Melbourne and Cranbourne)
Membership is open to all
Friends of the Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne belong to the Association of Friends of Botanic Gardens.
The committee is establishing an archive of the history of the Friends with the view to writing a history of the last 25 years of the Friends’ involvement in the Cranbourne Gardens and the Australian Garden.
- Do you have memories of special people who are no longer members?
- Do you have special memories of your time with the Friends?
- Do you have photos or documents that you would be willing to share?
We would be delighted to receive any information—historical photos, audiovisual materials or text, or your reminiscences in any format.
For further information, please contact Christine Kenyon on 9589 2154 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friends of the Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne
1000 Ballarto Road
Cranbourne VIC 3977
T 03 5990 2200