Conferences, Papers and Publications
- 6th International Conference on Landscape and Urban Horticulture, Athens 2016
- Botanic Gardens Australia and New Zealand & Parks and Leisure Australia Seminar, Which Plant Where, Melbourne 2016
- 6th Global Botanic Gardens Congress, Geneva 2017
- 8th Botanic Gardens Australia and New Zealand Congress, Adelaide 2017
- Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society Annual Workshop, Cities in a Changing Climate, Melbourne 2017
- Symes, P and Connellan G (2013) Water Management Strategies for Urban Trees in Dry Environments: Lessons for the Future. Arboriculture & Urban Forestry 2013. 39(3): 116–124 http://joa.isa-arbor.com/articles.asp?JournalID=1&VolumeID=39&IssueID=3
- Symes, P (2017) Guiding landscape transition for climatic change: planning in the Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria, Australia. Acta Hortic. 1189, 137-142 DOI: 10.17660/ActaHortic.2017.1189.27 https://doi.org/10.17660/ActaHortic.2017.1189.27
- Entwisle T, Cole C and Symes P (2017) Adapting the botanical landscape of Melbourne Gardens (Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria) in response to climate change’. Plant Diversity 39(6), 338-347 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pld.2017.11.001. (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2468265917300288)
- University of Melbourne Master of Urban Horticulture Project: Glenn P (2015) Development of conjoint plant evaluation and selection for NZ collection.
- Monash University PhD project: Lam CKC (2016) Landscape variability of Melbourne’s botanic gardens and visitor thermal comfort.
- University of Melbourne Master of Urban Horticulture internship: Lumsden E (2017) Exploring plant selection methodology for a botanic garden under climate change (undertook a temperature gradient analysis across 20 Australian botanic gardens.)