Available at the iconic Melbourne Gardens
Develop the basic skills of good gardening practice.
Through a hands-on experience, students will learn about water conservation, organic gardening, composting and worm farming. They will consider ideas for designing and developing their own garden as they explore the landscapes of Melbourne Gardens.
- Observe organic and sustainable gardening methods
- Participate in some real work in the garden
- Learn about worms and their role in the nutrient cycle
- Cultivate their own plant to take home
- Organic gardening methods and sustainable practices
- The benefits of gardening for us and our community
- Hands-on learning and sharing ideas
Links to Victorian Curriculum
- Level 7-8 Science and Design and Technologies
- Level 9-10 Geography