Available at the spectacular Cranbourne Gardens
Develop a greater understanding and respect for Aboriginal culture.
Students will discover the importance of the environment to the Boonwurrung people and their connection to Country and explore how plants can be used for fibre, medicine, tools and food.
This program runs at the Cranbourne Gardens on Monday and Wednesday during school term.
- Learn about Aboriginal tools and Indigenous plants
- Use ochre to make paint, stamp your handprint and draw significant symbols
- Explore the 'How To' Garden
- Introduction to past and present Aboriginal culture
- Cross-cultural understanding
- Aboriginal tools and bushfoods
- Level 7-8 Civics and Citizenship, History, Visual Arts and Geography
- Level 9-10 Geography