Get close to the myriad of mini creatures that make up the majority of the animal kingdom.
Students will learn about the functions of a worm farm and through observation and exploration, will discover the abundance of invertebrates that can be found in gardens and learn why they are crucial for keeping our planet healthy.
- Identify and compare different invertebrates' habitats
- Discover why plants attract and repel little creatures
- Investigate pond aquatic invertebrates (Cranbourne Gardens)
- Make potpourri to take home (Melbourne Gardens)
- Invertebrates life cycles
- Relationship between plants and invertebrates
- Learn how invertebrates help gardens to grow
- Minibeast observations in different habitats and their connection to the plant world
Links to Victorian Curriculum
- Level F-2 Science and Ethical Capability
- Level 3-4 Science and Geography
- Level 5-6 Science