Food Forest (F–6)
Learn about nutrient cycles and food chains through exploration of the Kitchen Garden.
Students will observe the seasonal produce growing at Melbourne Gardens, develop connections between plants and healthy diets and be introduced to composting and other organic and sustainable gardening methods.
Foundation to Year 6
- Learn about organic and sustainable gardening methods
- Learn the role of worms in the garden
- Cultivate their own plant to take home
- Connections between plants and food
- Sustainable gardening practices
- Level F-2 Science and Design and Technologies
- Level 3-4 Health and Physical Education, Design and Technologies and Science
- Level 5-6 Science and Geography
Morning: 10.15am - 11:45am (1.5 hours)
Afternoon: 12.45pm - 2.15pm (1.5 hours)
$13.50 per student
Education entrance, Observatory House