Available at the iconic Melbourne Gardens
Learn about nutrient cycles and food chains through exploration of the Kitchen Garden.
Students will observe and harvest seasonal produce growing at Melbourne Gardens, develop connections between plants and healthy diets and be introduced to composting and other organic and sustainable gardening methods.
- Learn about organic and sustainable gardening methods
- Harvest seasonal produce from our working Kitchen Garden
- Cultivate their own plant to take home
- Connections between plants and food
- Sustainable gardening practices
- Level F-2 Science and Design and Technologies
- Level 3-4 Health and Physical Education, Design and Technologies and Science
- Level 5-6 Science and Geography