Designed by Nature - Middle Primary
Learn how nature can be used for design inspiration and problem-solving through STEM and biomimicry. What is Biomimicry?
Students will observe the tried and tested biological strategies and patterns of nature and design their own nature-inspired STEM ideas for a healthier planet.
The Department of Education and Training are funding high-ability students from government schools to participate in this program at no cost through the Victorian Challenge and Enrichment Series.
- Learn examples of bio-inspired inventions and come face-to-face with the plants and systems that influenced them.
- Identify the tried and tested biological strategies of nature through guided nature observation
- Come up with their own nature-inspired ideas
- Hands-on learning and sharing ideas
- Science and Technology
Student Experiences Include
- Distinguishing between ‘learning from’ and ‘learning about’ plants
- Exploring the function and form of plants
- Engaging in systems thinking
- Applying nature-inspired solutions to explore nature-based design
- Level 3 - 4 Integrated STEM, Science, Mathematics, Technology, Design & Technologies, and Critical and Creative Thinking