Connecting to Country
Develop a greater understanding and respect for local Aboriginal culture.
Students will learn about some of the unique cultural practices of the Kulin Nations of Melbourne and examine the sustainable land practices used by Aboriginal people across Australia.
This program runs at the Melbourne Gardens on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday during school term.
- Discover indigenous plants and their uses and significance to Indigenous Australians
- Learn how Aboriginal people care for the plants and country
- Examine tools and technologies designed and made by Aboriginal people
- First Nations People and their connection to Country
- Use of plants for food, tools, shelter and medicine
- Exploring connections to the land and our sense of belonging
- Level 3-4 Visual Arts, History, Geography and Intercultural Capability
- Level 5-6 History, Geography, Intercultural Capability and Victorian Aboriginal Languages