Bush Kinder Professional Development
Engaging with Nature
Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne is a highly valued Bush Kinder venue and has more than 15 organisation using the space on a regular basis. Join the Royal Botanic Gardens Learning team to understand the latest developments with the Bush Kinder movement as well as about how to work with parks and landowners, setting up a bush kinder program, the benefits of nature play and incorporating Indigenous perspectives.
This professional development program is specially designed to orientate educators to how best to utilise the Botanic Gardens site and it is recommended that organisations complete it annually. Organisations will receive a ‘Royal Botanic Gardens Bush Kinder Ready Certificate’ on completion.
- Royal Botanic Gardens staff will present information on setting up a Bush Kinder Program and explain the benefits of working with landowners and parks
- Join round table discussions exploring nature play – theory and pedagogy
- Participate in storytelling and song and dance to come to understand how to embed indigenous perspectives and connect children to country
- Join a guided walk with Learning facilitators to familiarise staff with Royal Botanic Gardens bush kinder site
- Presentation of Certificate on completion
Upcoming Bush Kinder Orientation Workshops:
- Monday 18 October 2021
- Wednesday 30 March 2022
To book, please contact our booking office:
Phone: 03 9252 2358