Investigate some of the creatures that share our garden and discover why plants attract or repel these creatures.
Children will explore how insects and other invertebrates live in the Gardens and help plants to grow. They will engage their senses as they go on a discovery walk, and learn about worm farming.
- Use their senses to explore the Gardens
- Observe plant and animal interactions
- Investigate pond aquatic invertebrates (Cranbourne Gardens)
- Make potpourri to take home (Melbourne Gardens)
- Relationship between plants and invertebrates
- How invertebrates help gardens to grow
This program supports outcomes from the Victorian Early Years Learning Development Framework