Plan your Excursion
An excursion to the Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne and Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne is an excellent opportunity for students of all ages to further their understanding of environmental and related issues in a safe and stimulating outdoor setting.
The Royal Botanic Gardens’ Education Service develops adaptive, strategic curriculum based programs to assist teachers and provide an enjoyable and valuable learning experience for students from kindergarten to university.
Each education program is designed to support teachers in achieving AusVELS, and is led by a Royal Botanic Gardens Education Officer.
- VELS Program Guide Melbourne (MS Word - 108 kB)
- VELS Program Guide Cranbourne (MS Word - 108 kB)
- Inclusion and Access Guide (MS Word - 19 kB)
- Melbourne - excursion pre-visit information (MS Word - 39 kB)
- Cranbourne - excursion pre-visit information (MS Word - 1.2 MB)
- Risk Assessment for Schools visiting RBG Cranbourne (MS Word - 68 kB)
- Risk_Benefit_Assesment_for Schools visitng RBG Melbourne (MS Word - 19.9 kB)
- 50 things for kids to do: Exciting things to do at the Royal Botanic Gardens — and more beyond (PDF - 4.36 MB)
Each year the Children’s Garden takes a break in winter for regular maintenance and restoration for eight weeks for rest and maintenance following the end of July school holidays. For more information about the Ian Potter Foundation Children’s Garden visit our Children’s Garden page.
Your feedback helps us improve our programs and resources and ensures they continue to meet your needs.