Facilities include a Visitor Centre, café, function centre, and The Gardens Shop. The Visitor Centre is the perfect first stop – our friendly Customer Service team is there to help.
Our Visitor Centre, located at the entrance to the Australian Garden and the bushland, provides an information service, tour bookings, umbrella hire, wheelchair hire, toilets, cafe and Gardens Shop.
The Australian Garden
This bold new garden celebrates the beauty and diversity of Australian flora, landscapes, art and architecture in an innovative setting. Facilities include a Visitor Centre, cafe and Gardens Shop. Call the Visitor Centre for more details (03) 5990 2245.
- disabled toilet facilities are located at the Visitor Centre and the Rockpool Pavilion
- the Australian Garden car park has parking bays for mobility impaired visitors
- non-motorised wheelchairs may be hired from the Visitor Centre upon payment of a refundable $50 deposit. To hire a wheelchair, contact a member of the Customer Service team on (03) 5990 2245
- the Australian Garden can be easily accessed from the Visitor Centre via a ramp or a lift operated by trained RBG staff
- all paths are either sealed or granitic gravel and are suitable for both non-motorised and electric wheelchairs
- assistance dogs are permitted throughout RBG Cranbourne
- The Gardens Shop, Boonerwurrung Café and the Visitor Centre are all accessible without the use of a ramp or lift.
- the Woodland Picnic Area is accessed from the main car park via a flat, 400 meters long, granitic gravel path that is suitable for wheelchairs.
- the Stringybark Picnic Area is accessed by vehicle and all paths are flat and suitable for wheelchair use. The delightful Manna Walk track is flat and suitable for wheelchairs.
- Trig Track is a steeper path with a gradient of approximately 1:11m. Trig Point Lookout is accessed by multiple steps and is not suitable for visitors with limited mobility.
Learning and discovery
A wide range of walks, tours and education programs are run by the Public Programs team throughout the year, with educational activities aimed at 4 – 10 year olds offered during school holidays. For more details please check the seasonal brochure and What’s on or call the Visitor Centre on (03) 5990 2245.
The Gardens Shop
Located at the Visitor Centre, The Gardens Shop stocks a wide variety of books, botanic art, postcards, gourmet products and other gift ideas.
Open daily from 9.30am – 5pm. Our friendly shop staff can be contacted on (03) 5990 2268.
Boon Wurrung Cafe
Enjoy a coffee, snack or a delicious meal at the Boon Wurrung Cafe. Open from 10am – 4pm on weekdays and 9am – 5pm on weekends and public holidays.
- Café: 5990 2247
- Functions: 9821 0669
Functions and weddings
RBG Cranbourne provides a spectacular backdrop for a wedding you and your guests won’t forget. The new function room overlooks the spectacular Australian Garden, which also provides a range of backdrops for unique wedding photos. The new bridal room provides a comfortable space for the wedding party to relax and put on the finishing touches.
Functions, weddings, corporate events, photographic or commercial activities can be booked through Blake’s Feast. For bookings and more information call Blake’s Feast on (03) 9821 0669 or email email@example.com.
Last updated 02 Aug 2012