Friends of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Cranbourne Inc.
We are a vibrant group of people with over 600 members who share a love of Australian plants and nature, and raise funds to support the Gardens (including the award-winning Australian Garden).
Meet like-minded people by joining a group or participating in activities:
- Growing Friends propagate and grow plants for sale and use in the Gardens Education program.
- The Press Gang gather and process plant material to preserve for the RBGC and the National Herbarium at the RBGM.
- Seed Collectors collect and conserve seeds for use in the Friends Nursery.
- Botanical Illustrators work together, exhibit their works in local galleries, hold morning teas with guest speakers, and run Botanical Art classes
- Botanical Fabricators work with fabrics themed on native plants.
- Botanical Basketry-makers work with natural fibres from Australian native plants.
- Activities (garden visits, tours, talks, workshops and other social activities) are offered throughout the year, advertised through the website and our quarterly newsletter Naturelink.
Membership is open to all. To join in any of these activities, go to our Join the Friends page.
Being a Friend gives you a special involvement in the ongoing development of Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne via the award-winning Australian Garden and the conservation of the important remnant bushland and its many creatures.
The Friends of the Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne belong to the Association of Friends of Botanic Gardens.
Last updated 30 Nov 2010