The Australian Garden
The Australian Garden is a fantastic place for people of all ages! Children will love:
- The Kids’ Backyard – A play space with lots to explore including the Hortasaurus.
- The Desert Discovery Camp – Dig in the sand, explore the fossils and footprints and discover what is hidden in the sands of central Australia.
- The Rockpool Waterway – wading in the Rockpool Waterway is permitted between the flags.
Watch out for:
- The How-to garden - a great space to get your hands dirty
- The Weird and Wonderful garden - what’s the weirdest plant you can find?
Woodland Picnic Area
This fantastic space is perfect for family, friends and community groups. It has free gas barbecues, picnic tables, a huge children’s playground and large open spaces for ball games. It’s the perfect place to relax and enjoy the outdoors.
Entry to the Woodland Picnic Area is FREE! The Woodland Picnic Area can be accessed from the Australian Garden car park. (by foot 400m walk)
The new 4 km Bicycle Track winds its way through the beautiful bushland, grassland and wetland areas of RBG Cranbourne. Watch out for local wildlife including koalas, wallabies, echidnas and bandicoots.
This is an easy ride over graveled paths, making it perfect for cyclists of all ages and fitness levels. Bike racks are available at the Visitor Centre and Woodland Picnic Area if you want to stop for a coffee, barbecue or stroll through the Australian Garden.
Explore the untouched heathlands, wetlands and woodlands at RBG Cranbourne. There is lots of signage throughout the Gardens to point you in the right direction and provide details about the various walks. See gardens map for more information on walking tracks.
- Trig Point Lookout to Stringybark Picnic Area via Wylies Creek track - 3.7 km
- Stringybark Picnic Area to Trig Point Lookout via Possum Gully track - 1.9 km
- Visitor Centre to Trig Point Lookout - 400 m
- Trig Point Lookout to Stringybark Picnic Area - 1.5 km
- Manna Walk from Stringybark Picnic Area - 1.0 km
- Stringybark Picnic Area to Wylies Creek Wetlands - 900 m
Activities, Programs and Events
The Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne hosts a range of fun activities for the whole family. Find out what’s on now!
To receive regular updates about our programs, events and tours, please submit your email or address details to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information call our friendly customer service staff on (03) 5990 2245.
Last updated 14 Jan 2013