Filming and Photography
The Royal Botanic Gardens is a popular location for photography and filming. In order to manage requests for photography and filming sessions, the Gardens requires students, wedding and commercial photographers, media, not for profit organisations, and commercial enterprises to submit an application for a permit.
Applications must be received at least two weeks (10 working days) prior to the proposed date. No filming or photography is to take place without an approved Filming Permit from the Royal Botanic Gardens.
- General visitors - If you are a visitor to the Gardens seeking to document your visit with photos and filming - no permit is required.
Please select the most relevant form:
- Students - Student filming at Royal Botanic Gardens is permitted under strict conditions. All requests must be received at least two weeks prior to commencement of the shoot and must be accompanied by a completed Student Request Form (MS Word - 3.46 mb). Please ensure you include your student number and send to email@example.com. Filming and photography fees do not apply. Approved projects will be issued with an official Royal Botanic Gardens Filming Permit, which you must keep with you for the duration of the shoot.
- Wedding/Event photographers - Blakes Feast manages all wedding photography at the Gardens. Please fill out the application form at the Blakes Feast website. Fees apply.
- Media - All media and not-for-profit filming must first be cleared with the Royal Botanic Gardens. Please email the completed Filming and Photography Request Form for Melbourne (MS Word - 655 kb) or Cranbourne (MS Word - 946 kb) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Fees may apply, depending on the purpose of filming/photograph
- Not for profit - Request Form - Please email to email@example.com. Fees do not apply.
- Commercial - All commercial filming and photography at the Royal Botanic Gardens Melbourne and Cranbourne is subject to fees and regulations. This includes television programs, advertisements (television and print) and any form of commercial photography. All commercial filming applications are subject to a $100 non-refundable application fee and additional fees may apply. For any enquiries, please contact the Leasing Co-ordinator on: +61 3 9252 2359 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unsure which application form to complete, please contact us.
- T: +61 3 9252 2477
- E: email@example.com